Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Payton is THREE

Incredibly hard to believe my little girl is three years old already. We were gone on her birthday, so we ended up celebrating the weekend before. She woke up on Saturday to her room filled with balloons and the house decorated and ready for a party. She chose to have "eatmeal" for her birthday breakfast, so I put three candles in it for her to blow out. When I went to pull them out the oatmeal had melted the candles so there was melted wax in her oatmeal. Ooops. (Whenever we asked her what she wanted for her birthday, all she asked for was candles to blow out)



She got to open her present from us in the morning so she could play with it during Nolan's nap (and so we could get ready for the party).


Everyone came over around 11:00 and we started with the presents. She got a lot of great gifts including a Hello Kitty bike, trampoline, clothes, purse, coloring book, magnet dress-up dolls, Barbie's and the movie Tangled.



We then had lunch, cake and ice cream. I thought she was going to love all the attention while everyone watched her open gifts and when we sang to her, but she got a little shy. She's more outgoing when it's on her own terms and when people aren't telling her what to do. :)



After dinner Saturday night she got to have another piece of cake and blow out candles one more time.


We had her three year checkup this week and she weighs 34.8 lbs (83rd percentile) and is 38 1/4 inches tall (77th percentile). She is a girly girl who loves to talk. She honestly talks nonstop all day. She wears a dress or skirt every single day, which now we've started to have to wear leggings underneath. She changes outfits at least twice a day and loves to wear my heels. She still loves playing with her baby, but more often chooses Barbies. She is either incredibly nice to her brother, or just downright mean, depending on her mood. :) Her nicknames for Nolan are Noley Bear, Noley and Noles. If she's pretending to be someone else, she calls him Prince Eric, Joseph or King.

Here are a few of her comments lately:

"I like your shirt today, Dad."

"So mom.... my birthday is coming up in November."

"You have to sit down to go down the steps, bud. Hey, bud, sit down." (I overheard her telling this to Nolan as they were going downstairs)

Me: Payton, what do you want to do tomorrow? P: Laugh again... and eat lunch.

P: Who's coming over today? Me: I think Papa + Gigi might stop by. P: Oh, that's nice.

Me: Whose birthday is coming up? P: It's going to be a big one!

P: Can I have pancakes for a snack? Me: Do you want to have popcorn with Nolan and I instead? P: Sure! Thanks for asking! (she walks into the living room, sets leftover corn from the fridge on the table, and says, I'll go get some spoons)

No comments:

Post a Comment