Payton is still being swaddled when she sleeps. Ugh. She has mastered escaping the Miracle Blanket, but luckily she’ll still sleep for a bit with her arms out. I have been reading articles on how to try to get her comfortable without it, but haven’t had the motivation to try yet. One article said that Native American tribes often swaddled their babies until they were 6 months old and their children were well known for being brave, coordinated and independent. So, I guess she’ll be a better person for it. :) Or I'll get a few more nights of good sleep!!
Payton is enteraining us more than ever these days. She has started doing this cheesy smile where she smiles real big and squints her eyes shut. She knows we think it's funny, so will keep doing it. She laughs all the time and has learned how to put her lips together and spit, which she thinks is way more fun to do with food in her mouth. Not as much fun for the person who is feeding her.
We celebrated Father’s Day last weekend at Ryan’s parents as we will be gone this weekend. Ryan’s sister Holly and her fiancé, Anthony, were there as well. Luckily the sky cleared up in the afternoon and the guys were able to go golfing.
We are getting ready to leave for St Thomas with my family this weekend. We will be gone for a week. I’m hoping that Payton travels well and loves laying on the beach since that’s all I plan on doing. She loves the water, so I’m not too worried. We had to get her a passport, which I think is so funny. What 6 month old has a passport??
Have a great trip!! It'll be nice to have so much help around- you'll actually get to relax!! We had to get Boaz a passport at about 7 months- it was a humorous deal. They made him try to stand up in front of the screen and hold on to this crate thing. I kept reminding them he was a baby, but they wouldn't buy it. Peyton's turned out cute!!
ReplyDeletei love the passport pic. ha ha ha
ReplyDeletehope you guys have a great vacation! and good luck with saying goodbye to the swaddle. i remember at one point, just deciding it was time and going for it. it went better than i thought, just one bad night i think! :)