Tuesday, September 28, 2010

10 Months Old

Payton turned 10 months old last week. She still wants nothing to do with crawling and everything to do with walking. She walks along things and around things as long as she has something to hold on to. If your hands are anywhere near her, she grabs them, pulls herself up and starts walking. She can even stand all on her own for a few seconds. It seems like she learns something new every day. She absolutely loves music. When music comes on she starts rocking back and forth and will sometimes lift one leg up and down as if she’s tapping it on the ground. She has a little doll that she likes to take everywhere and will rock her and give her kisses. She has become an expert at waving hello and goodbye to everyone and everything. I think she also signed “all done” today when she was done eating breakfast. I thought she was waving at me, but when I tried to feed her more she wouldn’t eat it and kept waving her hands in the air.

Last weekend Ryan and I went to Las Vegas with our friends, Brent and Kari. We were gone Friday through Sunday, so it was a short (but fun) weekend and definitely went fast. I had never been there before and Ryan hadn’t been since he was younger. It was great to have a weekend away, but we missed Payton so much. She stayed with my parents Friday night and Ryan’s parents Saturday night. My sister, Jill, even got to stay with her for a while on Sunday. I think she had way too much fun without us.

We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Payton's newest cousin, Eli, who was due yesterday. We plan on going out to Colorado to meet him shortly after he's born. Hopefully we don't have to wait much longer!

Hanging out with her friends, James and Avery.



Playing outside.



She has recently taken up swinging and cries when we have to leave.



Payton enjoys playing with her letters and numbers at the fridge. Thanks Aunt Kim!



She scoots everywhere now!

1 comment:

  1. The wagon picture reminds me of Ali, Jonny and Leah living the life at Married student housing. Dejavu'!!!

    ReplyDelete