Friday, April 30, 2010

She's breaking free!!

So, Payton has been sleeping through the night for some time now, but within the last couple of days she has been breaking out of her swaddle. We still swaddle her because otherwise her arms and legs flail around and either keep her awake, or wake her up. Usually when it’s time for a nap I can wrap her up, lay her down and when I come back 2 minutes later she’s asleep. Well, lately I come back and she has both arms out and is either batting at the air or playing with her pacifier, having so much fun.

The other night I randomly woke up at 4 am so I decided to check on her real quick. I walk in to find her wide awake talking and playing. She looks at me and gives me the biggest smile I’ve ever seen. I start laughing and wonder how long she’s been awake. I am able to rewrap her and within minutes she’s back to sleep, but I can't be doing that all night!

So now I’m wondering, how do we break her of the swaddling she loves so much?

Haha. I just can't stop laughing!!


What's going on here??


Excuse me, I have a question.


Tummy time is too much fun!


I DO have a neck!!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY! She is so sweet! Can't wait to meet her soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhh don't even get me started on the swaddle. addelyn was swaddled until 5 months or more. mark was soooo ridiculous with it. he would wrap her so tightly the grandmas would freak out because they would think she wouldn't be able to breathe. :) but she slept so great, it was the best option. do you have the swaddle blanket with the wraps? we have a few different options...i could pull them out if you want to try! finally at one point, we had to ditch it. she had a few bad nights and then was fine! good luck with that! :)

    ReplyDelete