Thursday, May 6, 2010

What a happy little boy!!

Ever since Payton was born she has been mistaken for a boy, however I have had more people make this mistake in the past week than ever before. We went to Target and the mall on separate occasions and between the two I had more than four people comment on my little boy. I think there are a couple reasons for this. First, her carseat carrier, which is brown, blue and green. This was the most neutral color carrier we could find at the time and we thought if our second child is a boy, we don’t want him in a pink or purple one. Second, she has no hair. Enough said. Third, one day she was wearing red, which many boys wear.

I really don’t mind that people mistake her for a boy and I’m sure I have done it to other people as well. I certainly don’t get offended; it just creates an awkward moment for me. I wonder if I should correct them, but then come to the conclusion that I will never see this person again so it really doesn’t matter if they know the truth. Plus, I don’t want to embarrass them or make them feel awkward.

Anyway, today we were headed to Walmart, so I decided to make her as girlie as possible. I put on a pink shirt, pink bib, pink pacifier and laid a pink blanket over her legs.( I will admit I forgot a headband, which I think would probably eliminate any confusion) We walk into Walmart and the first lady to see her says, “What a happy little boy!” I just smiled and said, “Yes, he’s always been a happy baby.” :)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that hilarious?! Even in all the pink?? Wowzers. Well... I think she's a darn cute little GIRL!! :)

    ReplyDelete