Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy 4th of July!!

We are happy to announce that Payton is no longer being swaddled! I was worried we were still going to be wrapping her up when she was 16! I could picture her waking me up when she got home and saying, “Mom, I’m ready to be wrapped up.” :) Unfortunately I can’t take credit for breaking her of this. She started pulling her arms out, usually before I even made it out of her room after laying her down, and just got comfortable sleeping that way. I am so glad we are done with the swaddling and that she is still sleeping so well.

We spent the 4th of July at my Uncle Tim and Aunt Sally’s cabin near Okoboji. It was incredibly windy the first two days, but the third day was nice enough to take Payton in the lake. Most of my dad’s side of the family was there, 27 people to be exact, and we all slept, ate and hung out in one house. There were beds set up from wall to wall. Going to the cabin has always been one of my favorite memories and hopefully it will be one of Payton’s too. Thank you, Tim and Sal, for having us and for being so accommodating!!

She's ready for the 4th of July festivities!



Payton with Great Grandpa and Grandma Kraayenbrink



Payton with Great Great Grandma DeVries



All of the cousins! (That were there)





Payton warming up after taking a dip in the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment