Oh Payton. Where do I even start? I feel like she has learned so much in these last few months and has grown up a ton as well. Here's what she's been up to lately.
Her favorite thing to do right now is to play "talk". This means that we each hold something and we talk to each other. It can be anything from her Barbie's to forks at the dinner table to sticks of butter to stuffed animals to shoes. I would say she spends 75% of her "play time" during the day doing this. Lately we've been able to get outside so we've been taking walks, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, going to the park, playing in the sand and riding her new trike. She would play outside all day if she could. Some days we spend 3+ hours outside.
She still loves books and has started pretending to read them to herself, Nolan and her dolls. Dolls are still her number one thing to play with, but barbies are a strong second. She also loves to take anything Nolan is playing with, which means we working hard on sharing. She likes most foods, however vegetables have been a struggle lately so we've been sneaking it in where we can. We finally took the front off her crib and put on the guardrail so she kind of has a big girl bed. We were a little nervous to do this because we thought she would start to get out of bed, however she hasn't gotten out once.
Her vocabulary is growing each day and I love hearing her talk. Her expressions are even more amusing. Here are some of my favorite things she's been saying lately:
"Ohhhh gosh" | "I like you, Dad" | "You heard me" | "I crazy!" | "I loooove it!!!" | "Bootiful, Mom, bootiful" | "I love you, my brother" (usually when she has Nolan in a choke hold)
A day doesn't go by without her testing my patience to a level I didn't know I had. However, a day doesn't go by that she doesn't make me cry from laughing so hard. We love you sweet girl.
Posing for a picture with her barbies
Playing with the "butter family"
Indoor picnic
Finger puppets
On every walk we have to stop and say hi to Bambi and family
i am sitting here laughing at the deer video. so funny. i love it.
ReplyDelete